Friday, April 25, 2008




WE ARE GOING HOME!!! Nikki has finally reached the point in which her medical issues are dwindling more and more ... so they are kicking us to the curb!!! I could not be more happy! Today is a very emotional day as I brought biscuits to the hospital for breakfast ... I set mine on Nikki's bed in her lap ... for a minute ... Nikki actually reached down grabbed a chunk of my biscuit and brought it up to her mouth and ate it!!! I was blown away ... Bud was blown away! I cried ... he had tears in his eyes ... this is sooooo huge for her! She has not tried to put her hands near her mouth, let alone try to put food in her mouth in almost a year and a half! My baby girl is BACK! I cannot describe the feeling ... Three weeks ago, I did not think she would be with us for much longer ... this is almost the way a new Mommy feels when her baby says "mama" for the very first time ... this feeling is like 100% better! Today is MY heaven ... Welcome to my life ...


Melanie

1 Comments:

At May 15, 2008 at 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy you guys are home! She is my hero too! (you have to share her) She is almost like my child too, ya know! Love you and our sweet girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home